Phillip and I decided we needed a date night since we have seen so little of each other these past two months. Finding a way to date around here takes a bit of creativity. We did go out to eat, a real treat for us. Luckily, there weren't many people there we knew well so we didn't end up talking to other people. The best date we had was traveling one evening to Snake Lake. It was a trip in four wheel drive and on foot, only to be chased back to the truck at a dead run by a thousand ravenous mosquitos. Did you ever wonder why the caribou herds stampede? I know why. I tried to take a picture of Phillip running for his life with a swarm clouding around him but it didn't turn out well. I am not sure if the cloud of mosquitos blurred the picture or my running behind him. So I placed these couple pictures we took on the side of the mountain. As you can see I was dressed up for my night of romance, if I had only used DEET instead of perfume...
Anyhoo, not much going on up here. I have smoked some salmon and done a little canning. My lettuce is finally growing big enough to eat. I can't believe how long it has taken to grow. If I had more to tell I would put it on here, but anything else I would have to say would be a tall tale. And I would never embellish or exaggerate just to entertain my readers. Check back again next month.

No comments:
Post a Comment